Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Small Projects

Things have been CRAZY around here. I haven't had the time to do anything!! I was working on the afghan a while ago and had to put it down. I don't know if it is my posture or what, but I was experiencing pretty severe back pain so I stopped working on it and the back pain went away. We will see how long it takes me to pick it back up again. And since then, I have been so busy I haven't had any time to create.

Last night my sis-in-law brought over a 1 pound Chihuahua puppy that was whining because it was cold. So, I hurried up and knitted her a sweater before my sis-in-law left. The sweater turned out o.k. but I made the arm holes a little tight and because the sweater weighed more than she did, she had some trouble walking. Regardless, she was super cute... I guess you can be the judge of that.
I also made a cake today. I felt like some chocolate and found the first recipe that I could that had chocolate in it. It is a Kraft recipe called Chocolate-Covered Oreo Cookie Cake... and it turned out great! I made one change and that was instead of the chocolate mixture they suggested for the topping, I made a simple chocolate ganache. That is all for now.... hopefully more to come soon.

No comments: