Tuesday, May 12, 2009

New Stuff

Well, I'm back. We took a small vacation to Washington state last week/weekend... so everything about the trip from planning to unpacking has been dominating my time!!! And since the last load of travel laundry has been done, it is time to get back to work. I was SUPER inspired by our little trip... we spent most of the time in Coupeville, a small town on Whidbey Island ... an hour or so north of Seattle. It was beautiful and I fell in love with some of the old buildings in the downtown area. I am very fond of one in particular, called the Joseph Libbey House. The current owner is trying to demolish the house because of its disrepair but the community is doing what it can to keep the historic building from being destroyed. So... I decided to use the house as a focal point in my next projects for my upcoming Etsy update. I am also using this as an opportunity to try something new. It seems that if I am creating in one medium for any length of time, I get super burnt out. So I am going to use the same subject matter and try creating it with different media. Hopefully this will keep my interest and save me from the "boredom" that I cause myself. I have started an applique/embroidery which I am calling a "fabric painting" of the Libbey house. I am also thinking about doing an "artistic embroidery", a block print, a painting and possibly one other medium that I haven't thought of yet :-) Here is what I have so far:
I am also thinking about selling prints of some of my past paintings and some of my future paintings on Etsy. I still have to figure out the logistics but they might be on my next Etsy update! Here is one that I plan on making prints for:

Now... back to work I go. Toodeloo for now!!

No comments: