Monday, November 30, 2009

ahhhh

It has been a crazy week! My Christmas cards are finally out and most have been received. They turned out cute this year. And believe it or not, I am already starting to think about what next years will look like. I wish the picture this year was a bit better, but with a 4 year old and a 1 year old, I thought that it was lucky that I got them both smiling in the same picture. Half of the cards I block printed and I was running out of time so I screen printed the rest. Although I liked the block printed image better, the screen prints turned out crisper.My parents were in town a week ago and we exchanged Christmas gifts... so it is safe to now show you my mom's finished projects. This one is the Every Way Wrap from the fall 2009 Interweave Knits magazine. I think it turned out great. I think it is a bit short, but luckily my mom is shorter than I am so hopefully it fits her better.And this is the bracelet that I made her. She gave me a box of old clip on earrings that my grandmother had purchased at an auction years ago. Luckily, since they were mostly earrings, I can make an exact match for myself :-)I was also completely inspired by Elsie Flannigan this month. She made an Anthopologie style necklace that I just LOVED so I made one for myself. The embellishments are old buttons and clip on earrings.And I just couldn't stop there.... so I made this one yesterday. It was a little more asymmetrical and the focal points were off to the sides instead of directly in the middle. I liked it but I ended up changing it and I actually like it way better now.I am currently working on a "neck cuff" not sure what the official title is, maybe a tailless scarf. I have the body done and I am now working on knitting the ruffle which, of course, is taking forever. But I think it will look really nice when it is done. Pics to come. That's all for now... I am only making 1 maybe 2 Christmas gifts, so this season should be pretty smooth sailing :-)

No comments: