Friday, March 4, 2011

The Unveiling

    When I started this blog in 2007, my intention was to create a catalog of my artwork and the processes that I use to create my artwork.  Over the years this Blog has evolved into something more.  Now it isn't just a place where I share my art, but also a place where I share crafts, patterns, bargains and daily creativity.  So, I wanted my blog name, URL and overall appearance to reflect that.  This Blog post is going to be the juncture between what was, what is and what will be.
    I thought the best way to encompass it all would be to go back to the very beginning, the new name that I chose for this Blog is 'Cornflower Blue'.  If you asked me when I was a kid, "What is your favorite crayon?" I would tell you 'Cornflower Blue'.  Although my tastes are consistently changing, my favorite crayon has remained the same.  This one crayon is a symbol for all that I want this blog to be.  I will always be a part of the Add Art Movement, which my someday be recognised in the Art History books of the world :-)  But there is a lot more to me and my daily life than being the self appointed principal member of an art movement that currently exists only in my mind.

No comments: