Thursday, April 1, 2010

4 words

DUCT TAPE DRESS FORM!!!!


I finally got the stand built!! (and when I say I, I mean my husband, hehe) We used an 18" round pre-cut piece of pine, a fancy heavy post made for a staircase (not quite 4"x4", but more than 3"x3"), a 1" dowel rod, 4 brackets and 5 casters. We screwed all the pieces together and I hung and stuffed the dress form. I stuffed it with anything I had, left over pieces of fleece, fiber fill, batting. The shape is a little distorted but the measurements are coming out right so I think that once it was stuffed it was bigger front to back then it should have been and a bit shorter side to side. I made it so that it was my height if I were standing on the base, so that I could accurately hem skirts and dresses. I left the neck open in case it needs to be adjusted in the future. I LOVE how it turned out and I can't wait to use it cause I have some BIG plans for some new/up cycled clothes!!! WOOHOO
disclaimer: you will have to excuse the miss match of color of the duct tape. We ran out of the purple while in the making so had to use what we could get... it was pretty great having to ask the neighbor for duct tape and having to explain how I was going to use it :-) luckily he is my BFF :-) Otherwise it would have been even more awkward! Or less depending on how you look at it! :-)

No comments: