Thursday, June 30, 2011

Busy

I have been incredibly busy lately.  We went on a 1.5 week vacation and just got back on Monday.  So the preparations and actual trip have been consuming my ever minute for the past 3 weeks.  But we are home now and almost fully back into the swing of things.  I have started a few new projects, am catching up on chores and doing a little light reading.  I have finally started on the quilt for my youngest, I have about 1% completed, but this is what I have so far:

I am teaching a class next weekend on crochet so I am getting some samples made that I will later use in a "copy" project.  It will be more of an "inspired by" because mine will be constructed differently.  But here are the flowers that I have crocheted for that:

And finally here are some pictures from our trip.  We went to San Antonio, TX, with a side trip to Austin (I HAD to go to Ikea!!).  So here are some of the highlights.











My girl, Casey, recently mentioned that we should both post house tours on our blogs.  I have to say, my house is constantly a work in progress...  so surprisingly there is only one room that I would consider "designed" and that one belongs to my 5 year old :-)  I am SUPER eclectic and have just recently defined my "style" and before that I had no direction.  Now that I do have a direction,  I think that things will start falling into place.   When those places are at a point that I consider them complete, I will contemplate doing a tour.   For now, I decided to do a "close up tour" of my home and some of my favorite things in each room.  This will be a multi-post thing and will hopefully give you all an idea of what my home looks like.  My first one will be of my kitchen, so be on the lookout for that.  Until then, happy vacationing.

2 comments:

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

hey slacker lady.... hey can you send me an invite to pinterest....
no fun fur pictures....tee hee

Boo Hazard said...

oooh can't wait to see your kitchen! :) I'm in the middle of designing our rental kitchen and i'll be putting that up soon.

when oh when will yall make a trip to NOLA?! miss you!! - BOO