Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October

Wow.  I missed an entire month! I keep meaning to post and either lack the time it takes to post or lack content to post.  My apologies!  Autumn is here, and that means more knitting projects and great yummy food! I still am a bit crunched for time... but here is a quick run down of what I have been up to and a glimpse of things that I will post more about soon!

I finished knitting my first pair of socks!!! I am super happy with how they turned out and so glad they fit! I have since collected sock yarn to make more!


I knitted a vest from the Unofficial Harry Potter Knits Magazine.


I knitted another shawl front scarf:

I became really obsessed with knitting these headbands in the Spring.  I just now got around to blocking them...

...which was all kind of pointless because I cut all of my hair off :-) I will still wear them though.

We have been making sure that the boys are enjoying the summer completely before the weather turns.

The hubbs built a fire pit in our back yard and we have been having fire pit parties every weekend!

I have been trying a lot of new recipes, like this one.  Which I will definitely be sharing the recipes for since they are soooo good!!!

...and dessert recipes too! 

Our compost pile has surprised us with a few volunteers, just in time for Halloween! 

OH and the best of all....  My chickens have started laying eggs!!!


I have more to share, but until next time...  Happy Autumn! 

No comments: