Monday, February 11, 2008

Never say never.....

I went to an auction this weekend and I was pretty much just along for the ride. My husband was going to look for coins for his and his brother's collections and that was about it. While he was trying to look at the handful of coins that they had, I walked my 2 year old around just to see what else they had. It wasn't until the second time around that I found it!...... An antique sampler hidden behind glass, jewelry and other more sought after items. So I quickly signed up to bid and realized that it was in lot # 411, which means there was 410 items to be auctioned before the sampler. Well, to make a long story short it was 4 1/2 hours into the auction before the sampler was sold and it actually worked to my advantage because at that point there was only 1/4 of the people there. AND it is mine!! I only had to bid against one person and I got it. I am not quite sure how old it is because there is no date but I think that if I wanted to research it I could probably get an estimate ( I am too worried about that). It is also not in the best condition, but I think that it looks great and I am still in shock that I actually have an antique sampler!!

No comments: