Saturday, February 2, 2008

Completed Painting

The painting is DONE!!! WOOOHOO. Sally really wanted a pinup in the picture and I think that it turned out to be more of a naked cowgirl than a pin up, but I still think she is going to like it. I still feel as though there is more that could be done on this painting and things that need to be improved. But if I do that it will be over worked and I will have to spend even more time getting it back to where it was.... so I have learned the hard way that this is my stopping point.

I have done my fair share of life drawing (and at the risk of sounding like a prude) this painting was pretty racy for me... my usual subject matter tends to be a bit more 'G' rated. I am not the best at portraiture, but since this portrait was abstract, I think that it turned out o.k. I did really enjoy painting her face, so I think I might end up doing more portraits after all. And even though this painting is a decent size at 24"x36", I tend to work a lot larger than this. I think that I am going to really challenge myself on my next painting and paint super small!!!

1 comment:

Shiloh said...

I think it looks great! I love how colorful it is!