Thursday, January 3, 2013

Baking

Christmas is the time of year when I go a little crazy in the kitchen!  I love to bake but I rarely eat much of it.  I am more of a taster and I love variety, so I use the holidays to test out new recipes and perfect my favorites.  Here are just some of the things that I made for this Christmas.

One of my favorite things to make is marshmallows....  it's pure magic!

And I like to dip them in dark chocolate and sprinkle with Heath bits:  recipe found here (follow through step 5 and garnish as desired)

Gingerbread cookies are a Christmas staple!  I remember making these with my mom when I was a kid. Similar recipe found here.

These are my favorite, homemade peppermint candies: recipe found here.


This was a new recipe and it was amazing! Cappuccino Fudge Cheesecake: recipe found here.

Camouflage cupcakes, perfect for our Redneck gift exchange, even the cupcakes are camo! recipe found here.

And Meringues!!!  I LOVE these!  I made them in peppermint and butter rum this year.  They are like eating flavored sugar air.  It's awesome.  recipe found here (follow through step 5 & I use gourmet oils instead of extract)

Believe it or not, this was only about half of the baking I did!  Until next time, Happy baking!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These look so yummy! I'm craving chocolate now!
Your blog is lovely - am now following along.
Sarah xx

PS thank-you for the lovely comment on my blog :-)