Sunday, October 14, 2007

Art at Park

This weekend was Art at Park (the Art fair at Park University). It is usually a pretty small art fair but since I went to Park University and sold my first painting at Art at Park, I try to make it to the fair every year. This year I actually bought something!!!! There was a new artist, Nichole Collins, at A.A.P and her jewelry was amazing!!! She is fresh out of college and her work definitely reflects her new and fresh approach to metal smithing and jewelry making. There was one necklace there that really caught my eye and I couldn't pass it up! It is sterling silver and the pendants are made of dried flowers that are suspended in tinted resin. I've never seen anything like it and in addition to the unique medium, I loved the overall design of the necklace. The extra bonus is that it is 7 necklaces in one!!! The necklace is made up of 3 separate pendants that can be worn together, in any combination, and separately. I LOVE this necklace and I am soooo glad that I bought it. Check it out:



No comments: