Friday, April 20, 2012

Food Swing

I decided to share one of my family's all time favorite meals.  There are a lot of meals that we make and love, but not all at one time. This one appeals to each one of us, it's quick and easy to make and I just love it.  This recipe can be found here, it is an Emeril recipe and normally I'm not a huge fan of his (most of his stuff is just a little to "BAM" for my tastes) but I just happen to catch his show a few years ago on the Food Network and I'm glad that I did.  This recipe is what he calls a "Waffle Iron Reuben" and basically it is just a fancy grilled cheese with meat and make-it-yourself sauce.  For those of you that aren't normally Reuben fans, I challenge you to try it.  Unlike most Reubens, this one doesn't have sauerkraut in the sandwich... although you could add some if you like.  I get my meats and cheese from the deli department of the grocery store and I assemble the sandwich with sauce on the inside of both pieces of bread, both topped with a slice of cheese and the meat sandwiched in the middle.  Don't forget to butter the outside of your bread like grilled cheese! You can "fry" this guy in a pan if you like or use a panini press if you have one, but I use my George Foreman Grill.  Did I mention how quick and easy this meal is???  Try it, let me know what you think!



2 comments:

Melanie said...

My Mom used to make them like that (cause we hated kraut) and she would just weight down another pan to make her own press.... they were so good...not sure why I don't make them myself!

Melanie said...

I should have said Mom's didn't have this sauce recipe... I am not sure if she added anything else to hers or not..