Tuesday, May 1, 2012

UpCycling

What's better than finding a cheap piece of furniture at a yard sale and upcycling it to be amazing?  Finding one in your basement that doesn't cost a thing to upcycle for free and make amazing :-)

My mom bought this free-standing mirror in the mid 90s.  I'm not sure if she bought it for me or if I just wound up with it when she downsized, either way I have had it stored in the basement ever since.  And this is why:


Outdated? Definitely!  So in the interest of making this way better without spending any money, I sanded it down with a fine grit sandpaper I had on hand...

...and painted the wood with leftover paint that just happens to be one of my favorite colors!

And here is what it looks like now.  

I am planning on using it in my craft room for now... but it matches my master bath (the pic below was taken in my master bath and is more color accurate)

and it matches the upcycled dresser-turned nightstand.

So, if I ever gain any space in my master, I could put the mirror in there.  Not only was it completely free but it is also versatile!

I have a bunch of projects in the works, but May is always a crazy month and this year it is even crazier! I will try to post as much as possible and until next time, Happy Upcycling!!!

No comments: