Thursday, June 7, 2012

Lately

Last month I flew out to Las Vegas to surprise my mom for her 60th birthday.  Her party and my trip were all compliments of my Aunt.  So as a thank you I sent her a box with some goodies for herself, my Uncle and my Cousin.  Here is what I came up with.

Leather wrap bracelets are super popular right now.  I see celebs wearing them in all the style mags, Etsy has a huge selection and they are all over Pinterest.  Not to mention that I teach a class on how to make these at Urban and the classes are usually filled.  So I made 2, one for my Aunt:


... and one for my Cousin:


I recently saw these on Pinterest from this blog:

And I was inspired to make some similar pieces.  Here is the one that I thought my Aunt would like.  The bracelets in the above picture look like "bangles" and I made mine with clasps to open and although some of the others that I have been making are with the recycled sari silk, this one I made with another silk blend yarn.


Here is the 3rd bracelet that I made for my aunt.  This one is a little more funky but it is really fun to wear, mostly because it bounces and moves and almost has a life of its own.  This is crocheted wire with some new and vintage findings.  It is a double wrap with a magnetic closure so that it is really easy to put on.


As for my Uncle, I would love to have said that I made this, but I didn't.  I bought it here at the Nothing New Stitchery Etsy shop.  It is a recycled bicycle tire inner tube pouch.  I thought that it was a perfect fit, since my uncle likes to bike.


Another one of the latest crazes is Washi or Paper tape.  The tapes shown were purchased at Target.

I have to say that they are really handy, these fun decorative tapes can be used for anything.  I had some generic white boxes and decorated them with the washi tape and coordinated the card envelopes to match.


With these gifts wrapped, sent and scheduled to be delivered today, I can work on this some more....


A paint by number which is a bit of irony considering I have a fine art degree and that....  just makes my giggle :-)

That's it for now.  I have growing list of to-dos and want-to-dos....  we will see what I can get around to doing.  For now, Happy crafting!

No comments: