Sunday, February 27, 2011

Brad's Beanie

My BFF, Brad, requested that I make him a beanie this winter. He picked out a mustard yarn, I knitted a swatch figured out the measurements then knit away. This one was really simple, a 1x1 rib knitted in the round. Here is Brad modeling his beanie.
Similarly I was trying to knit myself a cabled mustard beret, which I am now lovingly referring to as the "Dud" beret. I got a free pattern that I found on Ravelry (the pattern is available for free on the Bernat website). The pattern was awful to read and the finished product turned out even worse. It isn't really a beret and not really cabled either. I knew about half way through that it wasn't going to work out so when I finished it, I didn't tuck in the ends or tie off... this way I can rip it out and knit something better :)

No comments: