Tuesday, February 1, 2011


I have a bunch of projects that I am working on and even more popping into my head.... sometimes I have a hard time thinking straight. :-) Let me first start by saying that my Anthro. sweater copy is almost done!!!! I have the back and front together and the bottom trim done and sewn on. I have one sleeve knitted but ran out of yarn for the 2nd.... we are also sold out of that yarn at work so I have to wait for the shipment to come in before I can finish.

Meanwhile, here are some of the things that have been occupying my time:

The zipper on my lingerie bag broke a while ago and consequently I have had to buy a lot more delicates lately. So I decided to make my self another lingerie bag. I actually made this bag once before for a friend and had it in the back of my mind to make one for myself 'someday' and well, today is that someday. I am about 75% done, I have additional trim to crochet, I have to crochet decorative flowers for the outside of the bag and I also have to crochet the ties. The 2 panels are done and crocheted together and this is what it looks like so far:
Lately I have been on an organizational kick. As a result I decided to make zipper pouches for all of the electronic cords that I have laying around all over the place. Not only do I want them to be sorted and organized but also labeled so that I know what they go to. I decided to make the bags out of linen so that they were all the same and I didn't have to buy a ton of different fabrics. I made fabric stamps that I used on one side of the bag to determine what kind of plug was in the bag and also to add a bit of character.

On the other side, I used a scrap of linen to create a "patch" that I embroidered with exactly what kind of plug was in the bag and who it belonged to. I tried to color code them as well but gave up on that pretty quickly. I sewed the patches on with a coordinating thread and decorative stitch on my sewing machine.
I found a cute matching patterned cotton fabric for the lining. I was hoping to find some nerdy electronic print for the inside but was unsuccessful. If I felt a little more ambitious or had a whole bunch of time on my hands I would print my own fabric for the inside. :-) I am also thinking of sewing little linen "tags" that I can attach to each plug in case it gets separated from it's bag, we will still know what it goes to.

I found this cotton shower curtain at Urban Outfitters for $12.99 and I have something really special in mind to make with it. I can't wait!!!!
I also have a really fun idea for an organizational case to make for my crochet hooks. I can't wait to get started but I have some preliminary things to do before I can get started on sewing it together!

1 comment:

Boo Hazard said...

those storage bags are GREAT!! you could definitely sell those on ETSY!! i love the stamp you made! put some pics up of the tutorial!! :)