Friday, January 20, 2012

It's Gaptastic

Just finished this infinity scarf/long cowl.  Not sure what my obsession with infinity scarves is lately, but this might be the last one I do for a while.  This one is also knitted, which gets me away from crochet for a little bit, but is a little frustrating since knitting takes more time to do vs. crochet.  To give you an idea, my previous post was on a crochet cowl that was about equal in size to this one....  the crochet scarf took me 2 hours, start to finish...  this baby took an easy 6-10 hours.  

I have some other projects in the works, so those should be coming to blog land soon. :-)   This GAP-tastic Cowl is a free pattern available on Ravelry.  It is a pretty simple pattern, I didn't make mine as wide as the pattern, but it is still made with the same concept.  I also used a baby alpaca yarn, so it is super soft.




Hopefully my upcoming projects won't take me as long to complete :)


3 comments:

Boo Hazard said...

i love the infinity scarves! wow, i can't believe how much longer it takes to do your latest one!! my lazy but would still to the 2 hour one! ;) very pretty. are these on your etsy shop?!

Cornflower Blue said...

You know, I still have a shop but I haven't put anything in it in years :-) Maybe I should make some stuff and sell it, it might help justify my yarn habit :-)

Melanie said...

you do need to sell your stuff on etsy, you are so talented!!!