Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year

A new year, a fresh look.  I have been meaning to give my blog a make over for a while, and what better time than the new year?  So whaalaaa! :-)

Things have been CRAZY around here.  I made all of my Christmas gifts so the 2 weeks before Christmas were a huge rush to get them all done.  And yes there are a few that I still have not completed :-)  And since Christmas, I have been trying to deep clean my entire house.  Usually Spring cleaning happens in my house in the Spring but it has been unseasonably warm (64º today, which is a record) so Spring cleaning came early this year, thankfully!!   Now that I have a grip on the cleaning, I have time to blog about all the stuff I made for Christmas!!!!

1st up is the hat that I knitted for my nephew, Max.  This was the last project that I finished before Christmas and I thought that I was going to have to finish knitting this while Max was opening his other Christmas presents.  Luckily, I got it done in the knick of time.  I originally planned to make the whole hat ribbed but I chose a very small needle and after ribbing the edge, I realized that it would be much faster to just knit the rest in a stocking knit pattern.  I sort of made up the whole thing, and I think it turned out great.

I know how easy it is to lose hats, especially at day care, so I embroidered a name tag for the inside so that anyone who finds the hat will know whose hat it is :-)

And as you can see, he is super excited to wear it!!  :-)

There is definitely more to come...  Happy New Year!!!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

that hat is adorable, I bought a knitted hat when Allie was a baby and it was by far my favorite one she had :)